Wednesday, February 17, 2016

CRIMSON PEAK & GOTHIC ROMANCE

Movie poster edited with Picmonkey (not to be too serious) 

I am TOTALLY blown away by del Toro's Crimson Peak that I saw yesterday and totally feel in love with. Crimson Peak is a movie about a young Victorian woman falling in love with a mysterious stranger who takes her to his spooky Gothic mansion. And the house is honestly the best part of the movie! It reminds me a bit of Hitchcock's Rebbecca and I loved that one as well.

Anyway, apparently there's a thing called "Gothic romance film" that Wikpedia defines as "Gothic film with famine appeal". I didn't even know there's a Gothic film in the first place. (⊙_◎) But now that I do, it's calling for a movie marathon ≖‿≖ ...

* SUSPICION (1941)


*GASLIGHT (1944)


*UNDERCURRENT (1946)


*SLEEP, MY LOVE (1948)


Brrrr.... Can't wait! (。♥‿♥。) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there kind reader and thank you for your comment!
Have a great day. 。◕ ‿ ◕。 - IVA